Friday, June 28, 2013

Parade - Loot Bag / Clutch Purse

Hi everyone, I think I've shared in previous posts that the 4th of July is one of my favorite Holidays that we celebrate here in the US.  Our little town throws a celebration that literally lasts for days.   The fourth is a full day that includes a parade, craft festival, parties, and ends with a huge firework demonstration.  Our typical "parade loot bags" are recycled plastic bags from the grocery store - (Super classy - right).  Well, not this year....
 
 Canvas Corps Saggy Baggy, Denim Flower, and Red Twine.

When I saw this little Saggy Baggy from Canvas Corp my mind immediately went to Loot bags for the little girls in my life. At the parade they collect flags, beaded necklaces, candy, gum, stickers and all sorts of other fun trinkets when walking around downtown. This bag offers a chic way to store their bounty.

 
 
This is also a great project for the kids to help you make.
 
You need to either stich your embellises to your bag or use a fabric glue (I don't recommend hot glue for this project).  I trimmed the flap of the bag with some pretty lace, and layered metallic Ric Rac trim over the top to mask the glue.  I also trimmed around the center of the  Canvas Corp denim flower center with the same Ric Rac trim and added a button and twine to finish off the flower.  Star buttons were glued diagonally across the bag to add a little more sparkle and shine. I finished the bag off with red grosgrain ribbon for handles. 
 
This little bag would also be a cute clutch for a small cellphone and camera at the downtown festivities.  A small piece of white Velcro could also be added to the inside of the bag, if you decide to use this as a clutch purse.
 
Thanks for stopping in today, I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.
 
Tonya Gibbs


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover